8mm x 305mm (12") IMPeek Rod
7 and 8mm versions have a recessed triangular chuck attachment design to facilitate insertion using a regular chuck.
NOTE: Additional reaming devices to create an appropriate sized entry to the bone and medullary canal width can be purchased elsewhere.
This rod is:
- Radiodense and visible on radiographs
- Strong but flexible and approximates the mechanical properties of bone
- Made from carbon fibre reinforced PEEK
- Light weight
- Made in the USA to the highest standards
Potential uses include:
- IM rod in conjunction with plates for long bones of small dogs and cat
- 2.7-3.5 mm screws recommended
- Tie-in external fixators, especially juxta-articular fractures
- Exotic or pocket pet orthopedics
- Screwable dowel pins for metacarpals/tarsals
- Spinal rods